Wednesday, May 23, 2012

One Year Ago...

It's amazing, thinking back just to one year ago. I was so new to writing stories. Before, I had just dabbled in fan fiction when I got bored. A few years ago, I thought I would become a journalist. I'm glad I decided not to. Storytelling is by far more compelling and enjoyable. I've had no training with creative writing other than self taught, and browsing the internet. Storywrite and the group I'm a member of, Inkception, has some wonderful people in it that have really pushed me toward improving my writing skills. I owe it to them to say, thank you.

Writing is still, and probably forever, will always be a learning process. I found that being an avid reader over the years has helped with my creativity and trying different styles of writing. Finally, I think I've find my niche.

I just want to say that I hope all us novice writers do not give up on our passion of writing stories. No matter how well you write or how well your grammar is. It could be bad, and it could be great. Regardless, do what you love to do.

Write for you first.

No comments:

Post a Comment